Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sahil Pandit

Downsides of Meditation

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

My meditation has recently increased my compassion, openness, creativity, and acceptance of self and others.

However, I am experiencing some of the the drawbacks as well. Here a few I need help with reconciling:

1. Very high in agreeableness - I do not feel the necessity of stating my intentions to those who have different beliefs. Also, I would rather submit and evade rather than confront people who disagree.

2. Being high in conscientiousness as well, when I am around others who are say, more neurotic and hard wired to be direct and blunt, my personality changes to suit their type of personality. Fundamentally, I feel they they are not open to listening or to expressing emotions, but rather direct communication through words alone. 

Question: How do you set boundaries for yourself when you've spent a lot of time in peace and quiet, and then you are thrown into an environment that demands you to be direct, blunt, and conform to the scenario at hand? Am I being too sensitive?

Thanks!

On 1/30/2018 at 3:21 PM, Sahil Pandit said:

Question: How do you set boundaries for yourself when you've spent a lot of time in peace and quiet, and then you are thrown into an environment that demands you to be direct, blunt, and conform to the scenario at hand? Am I being too sensitive?

Thanks!

By developing a healthy ego. Ego can be unhealthy as you described, such as being neurotic. Ego can also be healthy such as knowing what you want and going after it. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS