ZenDog

Zone Of Genius Not Alligned With My Passion?

20 posts in this topic

So I am 20 years of age and I have finished the Life Purpose Course.

In all the exrercises before the "zone of genius" exrercise there was a tendency towards a career that was somehow involved in personal development.

like the 100 questions exrercise were mostly related to personal evolution and exetensial qouestions. And the speech exrercise was also related to personal development. The exrercise where you find your biggest struggle, in order to maybe get a hint of what you would like to help others with, was also related to perosnal devolpment (My greatest struggle has always been extreme shyness, and still is).

But my zone of genius is not geared towards a career in personal development but a career in comedy.

to the qouestion: I am at my best when im...

i found the answer to be that I am at my best when im cracking jokes. I have always been "the funny guy", I even did 3 comedy short films for my school which 1500 people saw, and I got massive amounts of compliments from people at my school. At least 20-30 strangers have come up to me at random times and told me that my films were funny as hell and creative.

So my confusion is..

It seems more meaningful to me to help people actualize rather than making them laugh.

But I see my self as being better at making them laugh than self actualize.

How can I combine a personal development impact with comedy?

@ZenDog  That's exactly what I wanted to do. Don't steal my idea! You are a dog anyway, why do you want to help people, Zen Dog?

@The Alchemist

Haha, I tought I was the only one in the universe considering it lol. :D

Still have no idea how tough.

I just feel bad when I see all those people around me being miserable and in low consciousness pissing their lives away.

Especially when I see a hardcase shy guy and he dosen't even know his life can actually change. I would have remained like that if I didn't discover the personal development field.

2 minutes ago, ZenDog said:

@The Alchemist

Haha, I tought I was the only one in the universe considering it lol. :D

Still have no idea how tough.

I just feel bad when I see all those people around me being miserable and in low consciousness pissing their lives away.

Especially when I see a hardcase shy guy and he dosen't even know his life can actually change. I would have remained like that if I didn't discover the personal development field.

You speak right from my soul. And you are also from germany lol

Your zone of genius is your top passion plus your unique talent. If you did the course right, you should have identified your top passion prior to deciding on your zone of genius. Maybe personal development and comedy are both passions of yours, but you should take the time to decide carefully on only one and then after that's settled make another attempt to identify your zone of genius. I suggest you go back in the course and do The Big Leap Process again.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

@Robert

I did the Big Leap Process twice. Maybe I should try one more time.

Thing is.. my unique talent is in the comedy domain of mastery.

But I am more passionate about the domain of Perosnal Development, but I dont see myself having any unique talent in the domain.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed every second of creating the comedy material and showing it was awesome too.

Im thinking maybe I am only passionate about personal development for myself, and I wouldn't enjoy "preaching" it. (sounds selfish i know).

Edited by ZenDog

@ZenDog

16 hours ago, ZenDog said:

So my confusion is..

It seems more meaningful to me to help people actualize rather than making them laugh.

Jim Carrey found it meaningful when he found out what his purpose was all along with his zone of genius. (on 00.24)

16 hours ago, ZenDog said:

How can I combine a personal development impact with comedy?

It's possible to be a "self-development coach" and comedian at the same time. Its already been done, his name is Kyle Cease, a great guy, funny as hell (in my opinion) and comes with a lot of wisdom!

17 hours ago, ZenDog said:

Seems like you could combine them both. Comedy is a useful tool as it captivates an audience. Particularly observational comedy, as people find it funny because they can relate to it. Which would be an asset if you could somehow cultivate observational comedy out of personal-development issues that people can relate to. Then use comedy in a way to portray how to actually acheive personal growth and development.

I'm sure there is a genius concept in there somewhere. I for one would love to see it..

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

@Haris Pipinis

Yeah. Ur probably right. I also know im too young and inexperienced for it.

Think i will first try to master comedy while still doing my own personal development, and time will show what it turns in to.

Really appreciate all the advice guys :D!

Edited by ZenDog

I would see how it turns out. Would it not be cool to see a comedian teaching awareness? Many enlightened teachers are cracking jokes all the time btw. 

I really want to buy the course myself badly, but the environment I am in now makes it impossible.

Edited by A way to Actualize

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

Thing is.. im kinda afraid of a career in comedy because there is no set path. I cant go to university for it. Im thinking of going to filmschool, since my ideal medium for comedy is film.

That fear will actually go away when you advance in spiritual practice in self-love. You will get real confidence and being scared to step outside your comfort zone is not present anymore.

The PUA way to get confidence is more of a confidence that goes away when you don't pickup for a while.

With real confidence (real growth) is present because in love, lower patterns of the mind dissolve steadily.

Matt Kahn (especially) and Teal Swan have videos on this. Would be interesting to see Leos expression on that topic.

I experienced it for myself.

Edited by A way to Actualize

@A way to Actualize

Yeah as I progres in my meditation it might get better.

Currently I do 1h of strong determination sitting a day.

@Duco James

Cool. Didnt know Jim Carrey was that spiritually developed. I have felt the same as him before, that I often help people with worry by making then laugh.

On 29/02/2016 at 7:56 PM, A way to Actualize said:

I really want to buy the course myself badly, but the environment I am in now makes it impossible.

You can still buy it now and it wll stay in your account, ready for you to use whenever you want.

1 minute ago, Gus said:

You can still buy it now and it wll stay in your account, ready for you to use whenever you want.

Thank You.

Money is not problem. My parents own the creditcards and do not trust a product from America using paypal or mastercard.

There seems no other way, while I feel like that product would benefit me the most now.