Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoless

one life vs infinite lives

2 posts in this topic

How would you attitude towards life and yourself change if you knew that you have only your current life vs you are experiencing all lives infinitely?

In first scenario after you die that's it. you disappear and you don't exist anymore. You current life is all you have. how would you live your life in this case?

In the second scenario you never disappear, you are infinite consciousness experiencing dreams called "life" infinitely. You experience infinite perspective, infinite lives, infinite adventure. How would you live your current live with that knowledge?

Give concrete answers like how wold you attitude towards work, people, emotions, risk and etc. change and why? which scenario do you prefer to be true and why? 

This whole topic scares the shit out of me.

I currently have a conceptual belief of "having"/"being" the same consciousness as all other beings, but I'm not at the level of consciousness where it's a continuous perception in my experience. I'm currently super afraid at the thought that I will forever live, and have already lived all the worst misery and suffering of people in the past and future. I suspect my fears about these things will release or in some way change when my consciousness of the matter increases and my perspective changes.

Regarding the direct questions you posted, these are games of thinking and my mental model created by the questions will differ from yours and anyone elses. Therefore my answer would only be speculation. On the other hand if you ask people that operate on a level of consciousness that correspond to having had direct experience of the things you are describing then the answers would actually mean something.