Dominic

Music Sounds Better After Meditating?

Does meditation make music sound better?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Does meditation make music sound better?

• A lot
    • A little
    • No at all

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

Is it just me or does music sound clearer and more instruments are heard after meditating? Especially after a long session. Even when I go to bars and clubbing the music seems to sound better. By better I mean more in touch with it  (similar to the MDMA experience, or even weed) Do you experience this? Any ideas why?

Edited by Dominic

In a meditative state your brain will be less attached to sounds. It will make less assumptions about the sounds by reducing the amount of cross referencing between other songs, so it's easier for the brain to differentiate the different layers in a musical composition which is playing in the 'present'. The ego thrives on patterns, so much that it tries to make a pattern out of itself(which is the 'I').

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I have definitely noticed this before. I often meditate in the car and listen to music after. It's like you're listening to the music more objectively and hearing it for what it is. For me it often feels and seems more beautiful and wonderful. 

For me, ir's more rhat I experience the music a bit better, but that after like, 1 hour.

To raise your awareness, you shouldn't listen to music. By listening to music, you can have fake calmness of the mind because mind is going deep into music with desire to listen more but not the true awareness that could lead you to enlightenment.

I guess it depends on how the session went. If it was frustrating, then probably not. But if you had a good session, then definitely, in my experience.