Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iovestar

Calorie Restriction / Fasting

4 posts in this topic

I've been decreasing my caloric intake recently, and I've witnessed a huge spike in my energy levels and mental clarity. My motivation and productivity levels have increased, and I just generally feel less sick haha. I was wondering if any of you have experimented with calorie restriction and/or fasting and very curious to hear about your experiences. :) 

Basically i fast the whole day (exception: vegetables, nuts, green tea) and take a big meal in the evening (including loads of protein). I feel great since i do this, mental clarity peaks and overall well-being has increased. Eating carbs in the morning or at noon makes me sleepy. I take a whole day fast every two weeks on sunday (only low calory vegetables and water). 

If you reduce your caloric intake more than 25% of your maximum daily expenditure it will not take long before your metabolism breaks and slows down to nuts. I have personally experienced this and its not a good feeling, trust me. I was wasted for weeks. Try to track and manage your caloric intake if you intend to stay on a cutting diet. Don't damage yourself ;) Peace.

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

I fast sometimes on Saturdays ans I think it makes a difference to my digestion. I used to have gas issues (embarrasing :() but on one day I was ill and I did not feel like eating at all, so I did not. The whole next week my stomach felt so good and I wondered if the fasting had something to do with it. I started slowly to have problems again so I fasted again and again: so good! So I will continue but only on 1 day a week or few days a month.