Arizzi

College Self-actualization Club

4 posts in this topic

I have plans to start a self-actualization/self-development club in my college.  My plan is to introduce them to actualized.org, have them start off by writing down their own personal goals, and help them make plans to achieving those goals, suggesting readings to them, telling them to watch Leo's video's...  They would do readings, videos, exercises, challenges during the week and then we come back and discuss the material / evaluate our progress during our time together.  

The questions facing me are: Since most of the people in my college will never have done anything self-help related, I would probably be the only one in the group that is on the path;  how do I inspire them to start doing it and keep them committed?  What useful purposes could this course serve? What is the best use of our time?  

I could probably charge an entry fee or get a little funding from the school too.  

If you have any ideas/suggestions/feedback please do share!

Edited by Arizzi

This is something I'd love to do and be a part of! 

I just started uni in Australia, lots of people start their own clubs. It would be awesome to get accountability partners to do this kind of work, as almost nobody in my social group is really aware of personal development. 

Cool idea. I'm not sure you need lots of perks and rewards. The reward is in the work itself. Once people get a taste for it, they get hooked on self-mastery. Not everyone is ready for it, but that's no different than selling any other thing. Nothing is right for everyone.

You might try recruiting folks in philosophy classes, yoga classes, meditation classes, and psychology classes. Those people should naturally see the value in self-improvement. Also you can look for people in support groups for substance abuse, physical abuse, depression, anxiety, etc. Those people are hard cases, but some of them are really ready to reform.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.