Sahil Pandit

Tips for Aspring Yogis

4 posts in this topic

Hello all!

This post is to help those looking to improve their physical health and overall well being.

I have been addicted to yoga and the sattvic diet lately, and I have made tremendous progress.

I am currently at around 7% body fat weighing 155 lbs. I am in very good shape and have been doing Bikram Yoga as well as calisthenics.

Here is my routine:

Drink Indian Tea in the morning  with toast- 8am (Water too, hydrate from last night!)

Begin fasting - about an hour after eating - you can workout or do yoga. I chose to do Hindu pushups and 35 minutes of Bikram Yoga.

After that, I went for a 5 mile run. (4:40 miler... you don't have to run 5.. 9_9) Try some light sprints, or jog just a mile. This will help you lose lower belly fat and will open up your third eye

4 hour fast - I didn't eat again until 12. This is very hard to do if you're not in shape, so I do NOT recommend this to everybody, only those ready to take things to the next level. 

I have been doing this for a couple months and here are the benefits:

1. Increased alertness, sensitivity in body and loud noises

2. An urge to do something (Once you get going you want to keep doing more and more)

3.Improved digestion (Incorporate yogic breathing to your workouts)

4. Improved spine health - which makes you more conscious in the long term, because your spine anchors you into your awareness of objects and things around you. 

5. Abundance of energy

6. Strong vitality and vigor increases

7. Sex drive and motivation increase

8. Optimism increases

9. Stable mood and emotions 

10. Radical Lifestyle changes :x - Yoga based living! Embracing the feminine and living in the masculine essence!

Please ask me questions if you're interested in becoming more like a Yogi :)

Have a nice day!

If running would open my third eye it would have been popped open 15 years ago :)

7% body fat is low, unless you want to be in some fitness magazine. I mean for some people it might be okay and they are healthy, but i wouldnt recommending go that low.

if you do aerobic (running) on the morning fasted and fast 4 hours after that running be ready to lose all your muscles. I do morning runs fasted put i put something on my stomach after that. One of the best athletic coaches in my country said that you always want to train eated, because otherwise the energy will be taken from the muscles. I know a lot of bodybuilders etc. suggest training fasted (yeah, you will definitely get lean) and fasting but that is just a neurosis. You should eat when the body wants to eat, that´s it´s function. A lot of people (me included) dont always notice when it is the body that wants to eat and when is it the mind.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/fasted-cardio-eats-muscle

7 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@Richard Alpert Lately I have started doing calisthenics and Parallel Bar training while fasted, Im starting to feel and look like Bruce Lee!!! :)

Like i said, be carefull brother. There are rumours that Bruce´s low body fat might had been linked that he´s brain disfunction and death. Body needs fat for organs to work properly.