Jonson

Habits or Chaos

2 posts in this topic

I was thinking about this : 

I made myself a plan for 2018 , I wrote down what I want to achieve and I wrote down the habits i need in order to achieve those goals. 

But as I was writing these down , I had this thought that with all these habits I will have every day so organized , that  i will miss out on interesting experiences or entertainment  , relaxation  because I'll have my daily rituals that I'll not want to break .

I feel like if I structure everything than I won't be able to be spontaneous cause I'll have to do everything at specific times. For example if I plan to meditate everyday at 3 pm and one day I have the opportunity to go on a date with a girl or I have a great idea on drawing something cool  , I'll have to choose meditation so i don't break the habit.  I can plan free time in my schedule , but then having that free time every day in the same time interval , might become pretty robotic in a sense. Or going to sleep everyday at a specific time  also feels pretty robotic to me.

Maybe I say this because I haven't been too disciplined in my life , I was always chaotic  . I meditated once 60 consecutive days or worked out 3 times a week for 3 months . These were my biggest disciplined "action-takings " . 

In my life for example  : I would want to work on different projects and not necessarily having one single field that i master. Like I would  want to make a film for like 1 year than become good at public speaking than i would learn to paint , maybe learn programing and automatize stuff in my life through different softwares . 

What do you think  ? 

Now that i read what i just wrote i feel like disagreeing with my past self :)) I'll come back when i actually took the disciplined action for like 1 or 2 months and then I come back :) sorry 

Edited by Jonson

37 minutes ago, Jonson said:

I was thinking about this : 

I made myself a plan for 2018 , I wrote down what I want to achieve and I wrote down the habits i need in order to achieve those goals. 

Focusing on wanted??

But as I was writing these down , I had this thought that with all these habits I will have every day so organized , that  i will miss out on interesting experiences or entertainment  , relaxation  because I'll have my daily rituals that I'll not want to break .

focusing on unwanted ?

I feel like if I structure everything than I won't be able to be spontaneous cause I'll have to do everything at specific times. For example if I plan to meditate everyday at 3 pm and one day I have the opportunity to go on a date with a girl or I have a great idea on drawing something cool  , I'll have to choose meditation so i don't break the habit.  I can plan free time in my schedule , but then having that free time every day in the same time interval , might become pretty robotic in a sense. Or going to sleep everyday at a specific time  also feels pretty robotic to me.

what’s the point of living if you prevent yourself from enjoying life. 

Maybe I say this because I haven't been too disciplined in my life , I was always chaotic  . I meditated once 60 consecutive days or worked out 3 times a week for 3 months . These were my biggest disciplined "action-takings " . 

In my life for example  : I would want to work on different projects and not necessarily having one single field that i master. Like I would  want to make a film for like 1 year than become good at public speaking than i would learn to paint , maybe learn programing and automatize stuff in my life through different softwares . 

What do you think  ? 

Now that i read what i just wrote i feel like disagreeing with my past self :)) I'll come back when i actually took the disciplined action for like 1 or 2 months and then I come back :) sorry 

Always go with inspiration, especially creativity. Try to make the distinction between being in the now and planning for the future, vs thoughts wandering away from now into speculation and concern for the future. The universe so got you man. It’s got your back. You don’t need to worry. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE