star ark

The absurdity of seeking eternity

5 posts in this topic

Fear of becoming worm food is god.

God is the logical conclusion to the question "Where did we come from?

Eternity is eternal, forever there, and the only answer that even slightly makes sense regarding the chicken and the egg.

We come from it, we return to it, it will be there absolutely forever.

What purpose, truth or application does the pursuit of eternity hold? Are we not here, somehow removed from the eternal, specifically as humans for a finite time? Do we not return to the everything, and regain our place, out eternal memory, the feeling of complete oneness that the revelatory meditative, religious and psychedelic expeirences hint at?

Are we squandering our one chance at the human experience by over analysis?

The very act of seeking is limited “of thought” 

infinity is limitless.

How can somthing limited, ”partial”

capture that which is limitless, “Whole” 

This is obvious is it not? 

Just enjoy the beauty ?

But are we just enjoying the beauty by coming here?

Are we really smelling the roses right now, or just dicing them up and shoving them under a microscope to suit an ego who has fooled us into believing it has gone? That actually sounds like the bible telling us the greatest trick the devil played on us was convincing us he was gone, the ego = devil perhaps?

See, now I'm contemplating something else in an attempt to not question over analysis!

Lol it never ends

As for how something limited can capture the infinite, how are you returning from your trips to the absolute via whatever means you utilize and bringing back the knowledge that it was the absolute truth that you experienced? After the fact you are back in some form of solid reality and within your "limited" self again, and in these moments we reflect on the past experience. 

So we analyse our experience of "oneness" every single time through the limitations of being a body and not the bodyless infinite, the infinite is now yet we reflect on what happened before through another limitation which is time. We can never do more than feel the "oneness" and return to its "familiar" embrace and then trust via our limitations that it was all true.

I understand how this simple "just feel it" answer works for most people, and I do "feel it" every day now as my meditation benefits compound. Going with the flow offers stress relief and the ability to see the truth like "I see ego at work in people clearly", "I see how my negative thought patterns harm me and others" but that is a different truth. That isn't the "TRUTH", sometimes I worry people get those 2 confused and one person is talking the "TRUTH" no brains etc, while another person means the "truth" they see ego at work in man kind. 

Clearly I analyse too much, but I have yet to satisfy myself with this question. 

5 hours ago, star ark said:

Are we squandering our one chance at the human experience by over analysis?

Be present and take action is the only analysis necessary