bazera

The Best Meditation Technique To Begin With

3 posts in this topic

Hey, 

I have never meditated before, and I think it's nice time for me to begin with it, because most of you say that it's possible to stop the monkey chatter that's happening in mind, so, why not. 

I have watched Leo's videos on meditation, and he talked about couple of ways to meditate, so I am a bit confused about which one to choose, because I have to stick with it for couple of months, before I try another one, and I want to begin with something that will be the most beneficial for me right now (oh, that perfectionism again :D ) 

So, would love to hear your advice.

Monkey mind will never stop, maybe slow down a bit but that's all.

The reason you should do meditation is on one hand unload your mind of thoughts that keep "buzzing" in your mind, but on the other hand, with meditation you will observe yourself on how you're thinking, why you're thinking something and change your relationship with thoughts (and emotions). How and why is something you will see for yourself once you meditate consistently for at least a month, for 20 minutes minimum.

As for what to try first, you could do the kind of meditation in which you try to quiet the mind, just to see that you actually cant :P. So you could do that, or if you see that as a waste of time, begin with the "do nothing" meditation, which is enjoyable and practical if you let yourself release everything fully, or with "mindfulnes" meditation if you feel in the beginning that do nothing seems like a waste of time (which is not...but anyway...)

Keep in mind that because 20 minutes is a pretty short time, you wont be really able to mix techniques if you want. To do that you should raise your meditation time by 5 minutes each week, so once you reach 1 hour for example you will have the time to mix those 2, or anything else you want. Also, don't be too hasty mixing them, try practicing each one for 2 weeks consistently so you know exactly what they are about.

Edited by drelamore

Try Leos guided meditation, I like it a lot. Starts on 17:00.

:ph34r: