Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabriel Antonio

[book] One Day My Soul Just Opened Up (40 days and 40 nights toward spiritual strength and personal growth) - Iyanla Vanzant [9/10]

1 post in this topic

This book is like a course. You read about a topic each day. It is so well-written. And it helped me A LOT stay grounded and it was cool to read this book with a friend because both of you help each other. The insights Iyanla gives are REALLY juicy. 

She exposes herself a lot also, so basically she gives lots and lots of real-life examples. My favorite topics were: Conservation (of energy), Having Fun (maybe it is self-amusement, maybe not cause that's a PUA terminology...), and Guilt. She also gives a affirmation to do every morning which is really good to reprogram your subconscious mind. 

I really feel different after reading this book. It was as if I had attended a seminar... This book also taught me how to do proper personal development: in small bites. 

_1a094201743639ba15b520f0a45cc04a82af7a9

The title of this book really captured my attention... Above is the Portuguese version, which was the one I read. 

So... it is great for self-help... It is more feminine, I would say... It is not like: "YOU ARE GONNA GET ENLIGHTENED" sorta thing. Haha... It is very lucid, I would say. Down-to-earth. Practical shit. 

I didn't give a 10, because I didn't get enlightened hahaha... Just kidding... Or am I not? 

Anyway... :P I am just making myself worse here ahhahaha

51YGhJ1ZMDL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I feel lucid after reading the book. Yes.. that's the word. Lucidity. More aware. More wise (and modest :P) 

It's defintely not the typical self-help book. It has GREAT content! 

Edited by Gabriel Antonio