Dan Arnautu

Experiences With Self-Hypnosis

1 post in this topic

For me, personally, I found hypnosys to be really awesome. I used some hypnosis sessions as temporary fixes for certain problems. I did not use them over a long period of time. Usually, I used them just to get a quick boost for a few days when I needed it by doing the sessions twice a day for 2-3 days before a big event. And they worked wonders.

One of the examples is driving test anxiety. I always knew that I'm not a natural driver and I'm not passionate about cars either. I was scared shitless about my driving test and had all sorts of scenarios that I would fuck up really bad and need to take the test 10 times.

The hypnosis sessions I used reprogrammed my mind in order to make myself feel like a highly confident driver that has everything in control. It also reframed the situation as a chance to show of my awesome driving skills and not as a driving test. It was aimed to make me feel completely relaxed and calm when driving. 

And the results were amazing. On the day of the test I did a hypnosis session just before the test. Then, while I was waiting to take the test, I was perfectly calm and confident. I was actually excited and couldn't wait to show the examiner my driving skills. While taking the test, even when I made mistakes (like stalling the engine), I kept my cool and the examiner could feel that I was calm and that made him not worry at all.

If I had not done the sessions, I probably would have been thinking from a position of insecurity on the day of the exam. I probably would have been really anxious before and during the exam and would have probably said "Sorry" a thousand times and would have made a lot of mistakes.

I plan to do some sessions on self-assertiveness soon, as I'm usually considered a highly agreeable person, one that avoids any kind of conflict. I find that unfortunately hinders me from standing up for myself when I need to.

What are your experiences with self hypnosis? Did you find them useful or not?

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard