Siim Land

The Warrior Diet

3 posts in this topic

Have you heard of the Warrior Diet by Ori Hofmekler? 

In essence, it's an intermittent fasting protocol in which you undereat during the day and then have a big dinner

The idea of the Warrior Diet is that caloric deprivation and glycogen depletion trigger some of your body's most powerful hormones and other metabolic processes. Things like ketosis, autophagy, hormesis and AMPK are all elevated during the undereating period, which have many health and performance benefits

Not going to lie - it's very romanticised around the idea of being a warrior but it's still very scientific and effective.

Check out my explanation of it

Stay Empowered

Siim

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

One thing i will say is the human body is superior in terms of adaptability. Warrior diet/lifestyle is one of the top ways to remain optimal although it can be achieved in other ways as well. Balance and Simplicity is Key to Thrive! like everything else in life :P

B R E A T H E

@pluto Yes, the main idea is stress adaptation. Life itself is stress adaptation and it's what drives natural selection. The notion of romanticizing being a warrior is indeed unnecessary and somewhat superficial but it's a good metaphor to paint the picture to someone interested in intermittent fasting. Ori himself prescribes moderation and cycling between feasting and fasting - to avoid chronic stress.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w