Max_V

Studying

3 posts in this topic

I think one the most important tips that Leo gave in his advice for high school/ college students is: 

“Study not for the getting good grades or a certificate, Study for the sake of knowledge and learning how certain areas of life work”

Why this is so profound is, I would always ‘study’ one hour and then after that I would be free to do self actualization and ‘have fun’ and do work that grows me and gets me excited

When you change studying for grades to studying for the sake of knowledge, you add school work to the self actualization process because you are just learning another part of life!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Aw man, I'm studying for finals right now. This perspective is whats getting me through it.

It really just feels like a chore, Im not really passionate about it anymore, but I understand that its stepping stone so I can continue developing myself. 

The best learning experience is when you really NEED something; and not just in case.

University and schools teach us just in case subjects; such as History, Politics, Anthropology and so on.

All these subjects didn't remain in my mind.

After studying it, I forgot almost everything.

If I take High School subjects test right now, I would fail the test. 

But, when I had bulimia and depression.

I started to learn self-help; such as happiness, life purpose, nutrition.

All these subjects I learned it when I really need it and still remain in my mind.

I believe all this knowledge will remain until my deathbed. 

Also, school and university teach you to become a slave to your boss. 

They don't teach you money management, leadership, public speaking and social skills.

I was feeling miserable going to University and School.

Nowadays I am self-educating. I am learning and growing every single day. I feel satisfied and happy.

Edited by AilinKyung