Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The heros journey

6 posts in this topic

Hey Leo, what about a video of becoming a man by venturing out and doing something dangerous to become a real man?

The other day I saw a video from Elliot Hulse and he talked about this topic, but it was only a short video and I am now intrigued. Basically he said that in our modern society a lot of men do not actually become real man inside, but they stay boys, because our society lacks the rituals for boys which make real man out of them. He says that back in days the elders would take the boys away from the mother, from the save home and throw them out into the wilderness so they would overcome something dangerous like slaying a lion or doing some harsh rituals, and when they finally return home they would be real man.

Also Elliot suggests that we young man, since there are no elders to make us do these rituals any more, travel out by ourselves and do something fucking dangerous. A lot of men do not do this, and this is why so many men are pussies in our time. Still living with 30 at our parents house, playing videogames, not living our lives. There is too much comfort and savety, we never evolve!

I'd love to hear your take on this subject and also your advice for us. What we should do and how we could help our sons to become real assertive strong man instead of weaklings. I know this topic is huge on the ego, but still better to have a strong healthy ego than a weak, sick ego.

Sorry but that's covered in the Ultimate Life Purpose Course already. :(

I do talk a lot of about the hero's journey in the life purpose course. But I probably should make a free video that touches on it too.

There are many things to be said about the hero's journey.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

One of the free videos talks a bit about it, I remember Leo mentioning the threshold guardians. I really love the Heroes Journey model, so I would enjoy a whole video about our heroic path to actualization or something along those lines, for sure!

I think when a boy matures in this days society....he does mature into a man....but because we are so domestic, certain instincts are not sharpened, shaped or honed in on because current society does not require it. Does that mean men are not men in today's world ? I believe in these next generations to come. We will certainly be doing alot of redefining of what it means to be a "man"  a " woman " , human, married, partnered. As a whole....humanity is going through Alot of changes right now. And one of the reasons why I LOVE LOVE LOVE Leo....is because I believe he is heading down the path of enlightenment to a true understanding of what it means to be human and how we are growing and morphing into something more and more beautiful every day !!!