Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forestluv

San Pedro Report - First Time

7 posts in this topic

Last Friday I ate some San Pedro powder (mescaline) I brought back from Peru. I bought the highest quality I could find - it was twice as expensive as standard preps.

My intention was to have a "solo retreat day" of meditation/introspection.  Around noon, I felt a calling to take some San Pedro. This was my first time so I decided to take a low/moderate dose. From 1:30-2:00pm I ate 25 grams. At 4pm, I was feeling relaxed, yet no headspace. So, I ate another 10grams. Next time, I will eat about 45grams within the first hour.

Around 4:30 there was a new mild headspace and I returned to my meditation room / cushion. I played an authentic recording of Tibetan mediation bowls. it's simplicity just seemed right. . . This was a mild/moderate trip - yet it's essence was very different than any other psychedelic I have tried, including shrooms, lsd, ayahuasca, 4-aco-met, 4-aco-dmt, al-lad, eth-lad.  Those psychedelics can be "pushy" or "possessive". There is a period where the psychedelic takes control and if I don't surrender, there is anxiety and struggle. Then, I am shown insights and lessons - whether I liked it or not - I had no choice. . . Mescaline was a very different teacher. The reality of the present moment was obvious, yet I still had "regular" mental functioning. I felt like I could "snap out of it" and interact with coworkers or family members if needed. I was *allowed* to think and mentally drift. Yet, there was this constant, unchanging clarity of the present moment.  The candles flickering, the bowls resonating. I could become part of that consciousness or drift off. Yet, it was like the teacher was patiently there and accessible. Raising or lowering my awareness were both fine.

There was a period where everything just "IS". Candles, dogs barking, a honking horn, rustling leaves, thoughts - exactly perfect in each moment. I was no longer associated with my thoughts. I was not observing my thoughts. Thoughts were equivalent to the barking of dogs. Everything was equivalent. It was all part of a singular present moment. . . There was nothing I *should* do. There was nothing I *needed* to do. Everything and anything was perfectly the present moment. There was a connection to past sages. There was a connection with a shared consciousness. I became aware that others were aware of this present consciousness. There was a feeling of a consciousness experiencing through my body. 

There was also awareness of the "game of life" - the character that I and others play. Wanting our way, striving for achievement, running around here and there in a rush, seeking what we want in a relationship etc. . . There was a sense that there is a "something" beyond this. . . 

I lost track of time, yet I now know I meditated for about 4hrs. straight - without any struggle whatsoever. The first time for me. Yet, when I stood and walked - the consciousness remained. As I used the bathroom, drank water and took an evening walk outside. At about 9:00, I was relaxed and present with a still mind - yet there wasn't much headspace.

Overall, it was a bit underwhelming and I will take a larger dose next time. Yet, San Pedro was a gentle, insightful trip that I would like to add into my repertoire.

Edited by Serotoninluv

Mescaline is supposed to be one of the most gentlest psychedelics.

Although I'm sure it gets crazy at high doses. San Pedro cacti also vary in potency A LOT. Their mescaline content depends on the amount of sunlight the cactus got.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You can buy San Pedro cactus at Walmart, BTW.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can buy San Pedro cactus at Walmart, BTW.

Does the preparation of live cactus take some skill? To get a clean prep. with an accurate mescaline concentration?

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Does the preparation of live cactus take some skill?

Of course. But it doesn't seem too hard. You can find guides online.

You basically just chop it up, blend it up, boil it, and strain it.

It's gonna taste nasty though, and mescaline almost always causes vomiting.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Mescaline is supposed to be one of the most gentlest psychedelics.

Although I'm sure it gets crazy at high doses. San Pedro cacti also vary in potency A LOT. Their mescaline content depends on the amount of sunlight the cactus got.

This reminds me of a quote -- "[t]he question isn't why, it's why not!"  

Edited by Joseph Maynor