Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobbyLowell

Detachment Definition

3 posts in this topic

What is detachment vs attachment? It's not related at all to caring but only to needing right?

Acknowledging the facts as they are, is the gateway to detachment, imo. Here you are questioning an inner sensation toward something: if it can be seen as the indicator of detachment. Sensation is a sensation. If you are caring you are caring. If you are needing you are needing.

Seems like if it's caring, oh! Thank God! I'm achieving detachment. If it's needing, damn it! I'm not detached at all!! Well, whatever. Just watch it.

Let's say, there are some tendencies within me and I'm calling them as needing some of the things. Then -maybe- I'm attributing a negative value to that concept. Now, since I added loaded meaning to the situation, now it becomes harder to detach myself from it.

So I can look at detachment as our ability to look within, without attributing any meanings or side comments to whatever the case is.

If detachment is seen as being the opposite of attachment, then it is wrong. But if detachment is freedom from attachment, then it is right.