Samir

Struggling To Find My Way

10 posts in this topic

I'm 38, single man but still hasn't find my way yet. I found it very hard to know what exactly I want from life and which path I should follow fix this, hence I'm so confused.

Hey Samir, I think to an extent everyone is in the same boat, essentially we can't KNOW what are path is its more something we have to let happen and experience. What we tend to do is try and find it in our mind and think about it constantly and this actually distracts us from it. To get to you have to listen to your body, the signals that it gives, for example there maybe something in the back of your head thats niggling you to do it, could be travel, could be you want to learn something whatever. But what happens is you shut it out because of fear or self limiting expectations. 

To get to your path you have to get to your true self and that means facing yourself and getting past the fear, then things will become clearer. Things like meditation can help but also just being 100% honest with yourself 

This is not advice nor suggestion but just FYI.  I thought I found my way more than 10 years ago.  Been working in the field.  Now I started doubting if it's really my way?  I guess I'm on same boat with you.  

Shree Ganeshayana Maha . . 

(I'm not Hindu tho.)

Omm...  Inner PeaS  Omm...    ( ᵕ . ᵕ )   ?

@Samir Pay attention to who you are, what are your strength? Even ask others who know you, what they think your strengths are, having an outside perspective is always good and may reveal things you didn't realise before. Also try and think back to when you were a child, what was it you loved doing? Ask your parents if you can't remember. Try and find some of pattern, think very carefully!

@Pinocchio actually I didn't have a very good childhood, I was 5 when I lost my dad and my mom as a single woman was struggling to cope with 4 children so as I was growing up I had this feeling of responsibility towards family, though I'm the youngest child in the family. At my early teenage I always had this in mind to travel abroad and live there which eventually when I turned 19 left Kabul Afghanistan and came to UK and later manged to help the family to settle down in Europe which was a good achievement and of course I did many other achievements. However as I am growing up as a man have this feeling that there is something missing in my life which really bothers me and I really struggle with my confident as well as self steam that I'm working on it. Although I'm managing myself financially but didn't go for any study degree yet and now I don't think that I have to, I guess it's not all about uni degree! I'm fighting hard to overcome from watching pongraphy but seems very hard and I have to stop since I can feel that it doesn't help me with my daily life. It was very recently when i came a cross Leo's video on YouTube which helps me to know myself better or at least gives me the courage to work on some of my issues. 

@Consept thanks Consept, I guess as you and Pinocchio said I should let my way to find me through the journey which I'm going and I'm working on this to be myself.

You got hundreds of "mental walls", you gotta break through those barriers to free yourself....

All too often you find your life purpose by doing things that you really don't wanna do.

For example, for years I wanted to be a writer... but I don't like to write very much, I don't have to much creativity, I don't have much imagination...I couldn't write a story to save my life... but recently I have been sitting there and break through my "writer's block" by doing writing exercises after exercises and it has opened my mind and writing skills tremendously.

I am at a point right now, where I still don't like writing that much but when I am writing I get these tastes of heaven and become so full of passion and energy.

I am here to tell you that you have "Life's Blocks",  Sooo you have to blast right through them. If you are tough and persistent enough to do this you too can feel moments of of bliss that will gradually intensify and increase.

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

Who's making the decision concerning what 'you' want out of life and what to do?  Life is just happening. Basically, an illusion created within your mind to rationalize what is.  Every path is perfect, every path leads to what is already here .... Who we really are .... THAT.  Let the illusion melt into your heart. Grasping for understanding just causes anxiety and suffering.  Everything is revealed when the fire in your heart is so strong that you'd rather die than to be kept from the Truth. 

@Samir You can't really expect anything out of life, Yes you let yourself find your way and you improvise and overcome everything that comes your way until you are dead, try only working on being the best at whatever you do if you dont do anything and start doing something anything, start chatting with new people but thats cancer, try to be out and with real people more more often get a companion to help you to through it all and then do everything you can to return the favor. 

and then you die. case closed.