Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevegan928

(pnse) Scientifically Proven Best Way To Reach Enlightenment?

2 posts in this topic

I feel it could be extremely helpful for you all to let the scientific research that's being done here inform your practice.

At 8:01 he says something interesting. He talks about how most people have a technique that works good for them at first but then as the technique changes them they get to a point where they're not growing at all or only growing a little bit. So it's starting to make even more sense to me now why people say self-inquiry and "just letting go" are the best and most direct ways to reach enlightenment. I'm assuming it's because they're the most open-ended but I could be wrong. Today I posted (what I think to be) a very open-ended method on the Meditation Mega Thread, part of my inspiration for it was thr info i got from this video. But try your own methods and see what works for you. Jeffery has made points about how it's not good to force your specific favorite meditation technique onto others because the research has shown everyone's different. 

Edited by stevegan928

The reason self inquiry works (awareness on the self) is because it's the most direct approach to self realization.

Other meditations such as on objects also leads eventually to awareness on awareness or awareness on the self, but it takes a very long time and isn't direct.

Meditation on the self cuts through all the crap and goes directly to the source hence one will experience tremendous bliss and love very fast and to get self realized in a mere couple of years if many hours of practice a day is done.