Crazcass

How Do I Detach From External Things?

2 posts in this topic

So I was just watching a talk from Gary Weber, a not so famous nondual teacher, and he said that he systematically deatched from one thing after another, until he had no attachments at all to anything external. He describes it as consciously undoing the emotional attachment from one thing at a time, and the last two things that he detached from were his daughters. He did not really mention what method he used to do this, so I did some research but couldnt find any specific methods other than meditation. I know that meditation slowly reduces all emotional attachments over time, but I am wondering if there is a more direct approach to focus on one specific attachment, and then releasing it. 

8 minutes ago, Crazcass said:

but I am wondering if there is a more direct approach to focus on one specific attachment, and then releasing it. 

You give it it's freedom. Freedom to be or do what it wants, eg, to get lost, to get stolen, to get fat, to break, to not work, to not do what you want, to trigger your attachment, to not be in control, etc.