Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Empty

Deconstracting My Ego Through Contemplation

2 posts in this topic

1. Contemplation:   ( This is Leo's defenition of contemplation). Openly pondering questions that you are interested in with focus and without bias in order to inquire into the nature of a thing. The truth or the essence of something. In contemplation, we ask the question " What is it?"  

Contemplation also helps in deconstracting the ego. If you ever feel it's very hard to stay focus with your enlightenment work is because you have not comtaplated questions related to your prior beliefs, assumptions, and views on life. Thus, to the formation of your ego.    

What is a name? Am I my name.... 

•   What is another? Who are the other people I live with? What are my brother, my mother, etc.   
  •   What is my mind? Do I really have a mind? Where is my mind located, etc.
  •   What is Karma?  
  •   What is language? 
  •   What is government? 
  •   What is a race? 
  •   What is birth? Was I born? How do I know I was born?
  •   What is time? 
  •   What is dogma?             

What Is A Name? What Is My Name? Am I My name? 

Yesterday, I sat down to do some self-inquiry. I deepened my concentration and started to ask the question; " What is a name?" As soon as I asked the question, thoughts about my past started arising. Images of my early childhood, how I was born....flashed my awareness. I recall a very interesting conversation I had: Who named me, mom? I asked. It was your grandmother?.

I recall how I had many nick names. I was named by my friends in different ways. I recall how I identify differently with each name. I can not be a name. It is not constant......

A name is a meaningless label I identify with. It is not what I am!!