Torkys

Discovered A Breathing Technique For Releasing Negative Energy?

3 posts in this topic

As I am becoming more conscious, I am starting to discover feelings and sensations that usually would be called energies. Feeling like feeling a certain feeling in the body, accumulating in the body and releasing it. While I was in meditation, I discovered a breathing technique that I think releases tension or negative/unbalanced energy from the body. I am sure someone discovered it before me.

So, here it goes: When you feel tension in your body, you inhale (doesn't matter if it's through the nose or the mouth) and tense up your body while exhaling. You should feel that after some time, the tension is going out of the body with the air you are exhaling. When you feel this, make your body loose again to allow the tension to come out easier.

Have you heard of something like this before? What are your experiences with this is you have tried it before?

Cheers.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Torkys  Well it sound legit. Are you tensing the whole body when exhaling, or just the particular parts you wish to release?

It makes me wonder if it is the act itself that is releasing the tension, or the belief that it it will.

@EndofMe In my experience, it's no placebo. When I first did this, I wasn't consciously doing the technique itself.

I actually tense up my whole body when I do this. I think it's a better option because there is less "room" for the "energy" to "hide". Never experimented with just tensing up just a part of the body that you wish to release tension from, but I will try it. Thanks for suggesting it! :)

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.