BobbyLowell

Hard Shell???

6 posts in this topic

Hi. My sophomore year of high school I had these feelings like there was something that I couldn't break out of. I was so uncomfortable in my Chem class and I was acting really different and I didn't know why. I felt like I couldn't break out of this state. There were a lot of thoughts racing across my head and I couldn't deal w it. Everyone started hating me I started to retreat and retreat. My lunch table was super mean to me, I lost friends. Towards the end of the year, a friend of mine read me a horoscope- it said that I had a hard shell hard to penetrate and that I was not the person everyone else thought I was. Most of the things in the horoscope were correct about me and when this was said I thought it described my feelings perfectly. Please help. I have drilled in my head  that I am independent of the positive or negative opinions of other people but I am hitting a block and I feel stuck and in a block. I am a senior now.

@BobbyLowell Please elaborate on this feeling. What does it feel like? What does this state of being make you do?

Horoscopes are designed to be generic so it attracts more attention. Don't let your judgment of the situation be modified by it!

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Torkysahhh you just made my day by answering this. I'm kind of crying. I guess i separate myself from others andim kind of in my head, lots of thoughts racing, defensive, static,  kind of withdrawn

also what do you mean by generic?

thanks!!!!!!

Please do not have too much faith in horoscopes, it's not not necessary lies. But don't believe in them blindly. 

45 minutes ago, BobbyLowell said:

also what do you mean by generic?

I mean that alot of horoscopes tell things that are most likely to be true, no matter the situation. They also give advice that you could apply at any time in your life. If you believe in them, it may change your mind's filter - you are more likely to notice things told in your horoscope - or produce a placebo effect.

51 minutes ago, BobbyLowell said:

I guess i separate myself from others...

I experienced this too. If you don't have people that have similar interests with you, then you have two options: a) just pick up something that other people do and join their "clan" b) stay a lone wolf and use the time and energy to improve yourself or do the things you like.

53 minutes ago, BobbyLowell said:

...lots of thoughts racing...

Have you built a meditation habit? If not, it is CRUCIAL. I recommend starting with 15-20 minutes of Do Nothing per day. It isn't much time and I think the Do Nothing is the easiest and most enjoyable meditation technique to do.

54 minutes ago, BobbyLowell said:

...static,  kind of withdrawn

Seems like your ego has alot of built-in defense mechanisms. Accept yourself for who you are right now, but recognize that these patterns are bothering you and you can change them. You can use visualization and hypnosis to do this. Hypnosis is more time and energy efficient, but you gotta be careful with it - choose your hypnosis recordings made by well-known hypnotists and make sure that it has alot of positive reviews. After that, do shadow work or recognize the importance of being authentic.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Torkysthank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it :)

also which types of hypnosis do you suggest like exactly for what?