Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roman

No Feeling In Hands While Meditation

4 posts in this topic

Currently during my daily 45 minutes meditation-sessions I loose the sense of my hands. No matter how I fold or put them together, it feels as though there is a field of energy as you experience during Qi Gong. I meditate most of the times in the early morning after being awake for about 2,5 hours using the Do-Nothing and Strong Determination Sitting techniques. I don't know anything about charkas or any other concepts about meditation so I can't label  what's happening.

Has anyone else of you experienced such a similar phenomenon?

Yes. I find as I relax in to meditation that my hands become numb. It isn't unusual. I was reading somewhere that people experience all kinds of sensations of numbness or 'distortion' of various extremeties.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

9 hours ago, Roman said:

Currently during my daily 45 minutes meditation-sessions I loose the sense of my hands. No matter how I fold or put them together, it feels as though there is a field of energy as you experience during Qi Gong. I meditate most of the times in the early morning after being awake for about 2,5 hours using the Do-Nothing and Strong Determination Sitting techniques. I don't know anything about charkas or any other concepts about meditation so I can't label  what's happening.

Is it accompanied by a gentle warm tingling sensation?

Read it all, tried it all, can't remember any of it.

9 hours ago, Roman said:

Yep, especially with strong determination sits. Also my legs begin to sleep, can't sense my feet after some time and if I meditate in the night this can come over my whole body (I love it). It's normal, just relax and feel good. Sometimes it feels for me that I'm stuck inside my face - kind of like a mask. It is a very strange but interesting feeling.

I guess this "not feeling parts of your body" is similar to a sleep paralysis. if you lie down on your bed and not move for 30 minutes, not even a little bit, your whole body will just go to sleep. You will have the urges to move (as you have in meditation) and than everything gets numb. Some people use that as a starting point for an OBE (out of body experience). I never got so far.

However, it's just normal. Have fun with it, I'd say. :P

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.