Joseph Maynor

Anybody Experimenting With Or Practicing Weekly Fasting For Personal Development Purposes?

5 posts in this topic

I'm doing a 36 hour fast right now.  Just experimenting.  I'm considering doing a weekly fast like this: Start fast after dinner Monday night, end fast with breakfast Wednesday Morning. 

This site is excellent.  Check it out.

https://wefa.st/

I'm friends with some personal development people and they all do the weekly 36 hour fast.  Three of them graduated from Stanford, one from UC Irvine, and I don't know where the other dude graduated from -- but they are all very smart people and entrepreneurs.  They influenced me to try it.  So, I'm passing it on to you too.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I was into purer fasting years back. I do 3 day raw protein shake "fasts" regularly now for years and I find I get the benefits (Uber clarity, love connection, effortless focus, etc) without the muscle entropy & loss on physical energy. I don't eat the meat, bread, sugar, preservatives, etc though - like I did back then. I think how we're choosing to cleanse is completely relative to what is being cleansed (as in what we've been eating and drinking). Let us know how it goes! Always good to be experiencing! Can't go wrong. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I'm constantly fasting, eating once a day on a ketogenic diet, I'm less hungry and have more energy.

Can I say hello as this is my first post... so I started fasting recently with a 72 hour duration to start with. This apparently is the time that it takes to get the immune system reboot response. I found it heart opening and clarifying. I have since continued each week with 36 or 48 hour fasts. I only consume yerba mate during them and feel this is a superb companion to the practice as it contains so many nutrients and has caffeine that takes the edge off hunger but does not cause jitters or acidification. My practice now consists of cold showers, headstands, veganism, fasting, flower essences, nofap and yerba mate along with self abidance and occasional use of sacrements. It is becoming easier to return to Truth after being swept away by thought. I really feel that that I will continue to fast for the rest of my life as I am only at the beginning but the way it makes me feel is great