AlexB

Medicine For Coping With Bad Emotional Problems

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, so here is a briefing of the story, my parents got attacked by their own dog, my mom had some bad injuries but she is safe and at home(by herself because I don't live with them anymore), her husband on the other hand lost an arm and is critical condition for about a month, I try helping her as best I can but it's hard for her to not fall into depression (I'm sure she was already depressed before but now obviously got worse), they gave her some medication for preventing depression, but I would use them combined with therapy, of course she doesn't make things easy for me, saying that therapy is for crazy people. We all know here that you don't need to be crazy to go to therapy don't judge her she is 50 years old and a very hard headed woman. 

My question is will the medication help if they are not strong? And another question is, what is the best way to approach somebody so hurt emotionally?  Because I can not be blunt with her or else she will feel attacked by me, thank you everyone 

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

what is the best way to approach somebody so hurt emotionally?

with a lot of care. you have to treat her like a 5-year-old. would you tell blunt truths to a 5-year-old? you demonstrate a good intuition, so I guess it is just a matter of practicing patience. you have to be extra-careful with her, seriously. like, treat her very very nicely. with unconditional love. if this is too much, just set unconditional love as an intention.