Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Monk

Half Lotus

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've been meditating using the do nothing technique + strong determination sitting. This means I do nothing and try to be authentically content with reality, and don't move regardless of how bad my body feels e.g. itches or aches. 

But, I've been feeling my legs fall asleep and hurt quite a lot (I think It's just because my legs go numb) as I sit in a half lotus position, but it seems like regardless of the position I sit in, if I do strong determination sitting this always happens. So when I get up I get a really bad pins and needles sensation in my legs, because it feels like blood literally stops circulating to my legs.

is this normal? Does this happen this happen to any of you? What do you recommend?

Thanks for your suggestions! ^_^ 

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

Well, it seems you are doing a pretty poor job of "trying to be authentically content with reality" if you are having such doubts about it ;) 

Maybe you should evaluate what you are really trying to get out of what you are doing. I mean, how are strong determination sittings actually aiding you? Is it about enduring pain? Is it about not moving and not thinking? Is it about determination? 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@vizual I suppose the enduring of pain is necessary because it's the pain the allows you to exponentially increase the chance of enlightenment. 

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.