Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Noname

Obsessed With Breathing

4 posts in this topic

I can't seem to stop focusing on my breath mainly in meditation but not only, I don't know how long or deep to breathe and I feel short of breath and then like I need more oxygen. It's driving me crazy. How do I forget about breathing 

you can't.

but something you can do is increase the quality of your breathing cycles. relax your ABS and breathe slower and deeper. using only the upper portion of your lungs entails poor life quality. seek a good yoga teacher if you need (that's what i did).

unborn Truth

@ajasatya I've got a book about breathing techniques, that's when I started thinking about it too much since reading it. It's that I keep thinking I'm doing it wrong and I have to keep controlling it. 

I thought I can just watch it without controlling it all the time. It's so annoying ?

I highly recommend the Wim Hof method, which from my understanding is heavily derived from yogic breathing practices. It's a very easy exercise to follow and the focus it requires (to chain 20-50 breaths together, deeply, then hold) will help reset your human system.

After 3 rounds of breathing, from the very first time I tried it, I've had incredible results in terms of lifting brain fog, body pain, self temperature regulation/circadian rhythm (ie quality of rest from proper uninterrupted sleep-breathing) etc. For several months I followed along with the video above, since sometimes it's hard to keep an even circulation/intensity of breaths - uneven breathing (ie half-assing half of the breaths) can be unhealthy - it's important you listen to your body and easy yourself into a rhythm that's comfortable to you.  

Edited by Quader
Spelling