Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sid

Enlightenment Vs Ego

4 posts in this topic

For a few years now, I have been following consciousness content. A lot of it and have been meditating etc. So basic understanding says enlightenment is destruction of ego. But I am having a big mind fuck here coz I want to move towards enlightenment but my ego says wtf, you have a test tom or some other thing. Its a constant fight. Sometimes I feel like leaving everything behind and moving towards the mountains or something. But then again the mindfuck begins, my ego says stfu and just do what you were about to.. Does anyone feel me? my head aches

Yea it's normal. Ego wants to survive obviously. It is trying to hold you down and keep you from doing enlightenment work. 

Don't mind it tho, it's only thought. 

Edited by Vitamine Water

The art is to look without looking 

Yeah, that is the ego's job. To keep distracting you from looking inwards and finding the truth. Only paradoxical thing I was interested in was; Why would the ego want to become enlightened if it knows it will die in the process?

21 hours ago, Sukhpaal said:

Yeah, that is the ego's job. To keep distracting you from looking inwards and finding the truth. Only paradoxical thing I was interested in was; Why would the ego want to become enlightened if it knows it will die in the process?

Leo talked about this in his "what's wrong with ego" episode. What he's doing is that he wants to trick your ego into thinking "what's in it for me" because the ego only listens to its own language which is all about "me me me and me". You gotta give some benefits to enlightenment to the ego to make it listen and follow you, then the enlightenment kills it.

Think of it like trapping some animal like a mouse. You can't expect the mouse to run up to the trap and kill itself on its own. You have to put a bit of peanut butter (not cheese, contrary to popular belief FYI) to lure the mouse into the trap, then the trap snaps shut on the mouse and it's dead. I mean when you look at the ego this way, it's basically like an animal, and Leo did say it's your "monkey mind", so there you go.

Sorry for being completely off-topic though.