Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AdamDiC

Passion = Purpose?

2 posts in this topic

I like music. Creating my own is like a spiritual practice. You loose yourself in it then come back to reality. You dont exist, nothing exists except for the music and the energy of creation. Not-Knowing. Bliss. 

But it's not permanent. It doesn't happen everytime I pick up an instrument. In fact the more I try the harder it is. Because if I try, I'm trying, not doing.

But that feeling, the intrinsic love for music. Is that worth pursuing? Im young and have only scratched the surface of music. I know its infinite. 

I guess its a part of life purpose not all of it. 

It's just so odd of a thing to pursue, a feeling, a state, a level of being. Just do it, be it, forgo everything else?

What else is there to do?;)

It hard to say the more you read about what other people think about passion there almost seems to come a new answer every time but i do think it's a good idea if you are interested with music that you continue to do it there have been some interesting research thats shows the better you are at something the more you should feel passionate about it (a book called so good they can't ignore you by cal newport talks about this :))

i guess that if you do it right your passion could = purpose :)

Edited by BjarkeT