Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Monk

Olive Oil Vs Non-stick Cooking Spray?

3 posts in this topic

Which is the healthier option out of the two for cooking regularly? Provide me with the pros and cons of each please. #

Also, I've been hitting the gym a lot recently and ensure that I lose weight and get healthy/ lean. Hopefully you can apply the knowledge you say to my life and detail me of how it will help. xD 

Thank you! :D 

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

Cooking with oils is generally a big NO due to free radicals that are being formed as a result of the lipid hydrogenation under the heat. The more unsaturated the fat is the worse it gets when heated. I would look at what's in the non-sticky one. Is it ingredients found in nature? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Olive oil is one of the worst fats to cook with because it's going to start smoking and become pro-inflammatory. Heating fats overall is quite bad.

The best fats for cooking:

• Ghee - 485° F smoking point
  • Coconut oil - 350° F smoking point
  • Beef tallow - 420 °F smoking point
  • Butter - 350° F smoking point
  • Lard - 370°F smoking point
  • Macadamia nut oil - 390°F smoking point
  • Avocado oil - 520°F smoking point - the best one

Heating food at high temperatures degrades their nutritional value. Ergo, don't charr your food or roast it. Keep your veggies slightly raw and crunchy. I would advise you use olive oil only as cold dressing.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w