Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jack_Clark

My (potential) Life Purpose

2 posts in this topic

I'm almost through on the the life purpose course and I'm wondering if this is a life purpose that makes sense; I am currently in university studying mechatronics engineering, and I want to use this degree to create an automation business, a business that automates menial mental and physical tasks. The purpose of this would be to produce a society in which people don't have to work and struggle to simply survive, and therefore people can spend their time pursuing their life purposes/ spirituality/ simply being. However I think an enormous amount of social development is required in my country (I live in New Zealand)  otherwise people could potentially sink into hedonism and addictive behaviors instead of pursuing higher consciousness activities, also a lot of people havn't found their purpose and so this could be very disruptive to them if a job that makes them feel useful is taken away. I want to ask if people think this life purpose is one that makes sense, even with the large way in which our society would need to develop in order for my passion to be beneficial to people?

@Jack_Clark It's better if you focus primarily on the vision part (to produce a society where people don't have to work and struggle to survive)

The rest of it is what you have to be very flexible about, how you go about it should be left open, keep exploring and coming up with lots of ideas, get experience with your degree and understanding the social situation, the opportunities... eventually you'll craft a perfect way to go about it for you, but if you cling to that one way of doing it, you'll dismiss the entire vision as inauthentic or unachievable which may not be true