Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WorthyBird

Nature Of Now Contemplation

3 posts in this topic

Wanted to offer this as an alternative or refreshment to the popular "Awareness" and "What am I" contemplations. I've been enjoying this contemplation because I seem less inclined to try to objectify the now, as I tend to try to do with "awareness" or "me". 

The nature of the now is the same as the nature of awareness, and is the same as the nature of you. If you get the now, you get you. 

You may consider that you are always and only now. You may also consider that the now is never touched or stained by any thing appearing within it. 

When one comprehends the endless moment,

He realizes the person who is seeing it. 

(The Gateless Gate, Zen Flesh Zen Bones)

All the best. 

Infinite now, infinite potential and infinite void are never touched or stained by what appears within it just like with infinite awareness it is never touched or stained by what is appears within consciousness.

@WorthyBird This is what triggered an infinite expansion last night! It was the first time I'd ever really deeply inspected the now, with a magnifying glass, seeing that everything i'd experienced has only ever happened right now. So everything must be now. Including me. I was shocked to see how powerful it was to do that. So shocked that my infinite expansion came to a halt no long after it began :P