Progress

The Economy That Is The Mind

2 posts in this topic

[The economy that is our mind] Recently I've been diving into the blackhole of theory that is economics. I always found the modern economy to be fragile yet remarkedly held up so stably. So many conflicting schools of economics and ideologies, It would take one fool to crash the whole thing should they be the head of Federal Reserve. We are at a delicate sustainable balance, threatened only by the environment.

The more and more I read into it, the more and more I realized it's mostly a thick layer of ideas engulfing a tiny ball of real products. The economy stems from real products being produced yet credit allows even more to be produced. Credit isn't real, It is just trust in future repayment. Credit is really just concepts. It is like a lie that becomes a self fulfilling statement. However, the more credit becomes bigger and bigger than the actual amount of items, The closer the lie is to popping. All the credit(aka promises to reimburse) eventually becomes exposed to how there isn't enough products to fulfill all the demand artificially created by credit. The lie collapses in the face of cold reality.

Our minds are much like this, If you think of ideas and thoughts as credit. The ideas and thoughts must be rooted in reality(experience) however like credit, It can expand faster than rate of real experience. Thoughts become self fulling statements on their rise as the idea you have is essentially a credit to purchase something real(experience). Think about it, every idea you have, you want to more or less happen in reality but it isn't reality; simply a trust that investing in this thought will create that reality. Isn't credit the same thing? You give out credit, trust to acquire a product(concept). Your thoughts create your reality when you invest in them more or less. However once there is too many thoughts and conflicting ideas, The trust in yourself much like the economy collapses. The depression begins, either in economics or psyche.

Sorry that was long and drawn out but if you think of your mind as an economy, It may serve a better way to manage the affairs of the mind. The similarities are shocking. On another note, the economy may actually be a direct manifestation of society's mind. At least indirectly, it is not possible to have a modern economy without concepts. Also for those who had the courage to read through so much, I just gave you a lesson in basic economics and perhaps now basic psychology. Your time wasn't wasted, thank you :D

money-mind.jpg

Edited by Progress

Yes, good connecting of the dots here.

That's what happens when you build something based on illusion. The illusion tends to collapse at some point. A lot of energy must go into maintaining the appearance of solidity despite the obvious fact that its an illusion. This is as true of our economy as it is our sense of reality. Both are illusions which we must keep denying are illusions.

The ego, the economy, "reality", science, culture, religion, etc are all houses of cards.

For a thing to exist, is for it to be a house of cards. That's how anything gets built. The mind sort of fantasizes it into existence through sleight of hand. If you insist on no houses of cards, you're left with absolutely nothing. Which isn't conducive to life because life is a commitment to somethingness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.