Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Psyche_92

Confusion

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

i'm very confused at the moment, and i'm having some questions. These questions might sound weird and i'm even having a hard time to really explain what i'm contemplating on right now. 

The questions that i'm contemplating on right now are:

-From the viewpoint of enlightenment and living a selfless life. What's the point of personal-development, since that's ultimately an ego-driven act/journey?

-Is the goal of personal development simply a way of becoming more openminded towards everything? 

-Why is personal development even a necessity if the end goal is enlightenment on itself? 

-If the road to unconditional happiness is enlightenment. What's the point of having a life purpose at all? Since a life purpose is always selfish and driven by ego in the end?

In one way i feel like these questions don't have a point at all, but in another way they sound very nihilistic to me. 
Where do i go from here? I feel like somethings missing in my life, yet i know that i can't look for anything else outside of me to become complete, because i'm already complete. I also feel like i don't have to add anything to my life, rather removing things, but that literally leaves me with doing NOTHING at all. 

@Psyche_92 These questions you are having are definitely good, I too used to have similar questions, but now all is clear.

You should do personal development because you don't want to be a fully enlightened person with poor physical health or no life purpose and poor life, a life in which only the mind is at peace.

So the purpose of having all of this is to both take care of the your physical/ mental and spiritual health, and not just one of them. And realize that when your mind tells you otherwise it's really just an excuse to forget about all this.

Also enlightenment doesn't lead to you thinking life is meaningless it actually leads to you caring more about life and more about making a positive impact, since you become conscious of how fragile and limited it really is.

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.