caelanb

Best Protein Sources For Mostly Vegetarian Diet

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am trying to become more plant based in my diet and I was wondering whether tofu was good or bad for that. What are some foods which have a  good sources of protein are low processed and are not meats, fish, or nuts? Thank you.

:D

Leo's videos say to stop eating pretty much stop eating everything I used to eat (bread, wheat, pizza, deserts, Macdonald's), but then if you think of what science sais; you can eat anything as long as it is not in excess. So that's a bit contradictory, however, I will consider what you say, and try to avoid the crappy food. Thank you though

Sign in to cronometer.com to identify best sources for yourself. 

Generally plant based sources are:

• Blue Algae - 60-70%
  • Green Algae 50-55% ( Spirulina 57, Chlorella 55, 
  • Hemp Seeds - 25%
  • Almonds 21%
  • Sunflower Seeds 21%
  • Flax Seeds 19%
  • Pumpkin Seeds 19%
  • Cashew 18%
  • Sesame Seeds 18%
  • Chia 17%
  • Walnuts 15%
  • Lentils ( cooked) 8-10% (based on type)
  • Beans 7-10% ( based on type)
  • Tofu 11%
  • Green leafy plants: 2-10%

As a vegetarian you may also add eggs and cheese but eggs are very average with 12% and each egg gives you around 200mg of cholesterol. And cheese varies. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

18 hours ago, caelanb said:

Leo's videos say to stop eating pretty much stop eating everything I used to eat (bread, wheat, pizza, deserts, Macdonald's), but then if you think of what science sais; you can eat anything as long as it is not in excess. So that's a bit contradictory, however, I will consider what you say, and try to avoid the crappy food. Thank you though

Honestly even one bad meal affects how I am. If I had to eat McDonalds once it would have an effect on me. Not a big one but still. Even if science says that you can eat unhealthy food now and then I personally wouldn't do it at all. Sure you can take some time to transition if necessary and in the end it's more about how you see it when it comes to lasting transition. It's worth it to eat healthy.

Edited by YaNanNallari
Clarification/typo

Ah, okay because I have been resisting any unhealthy meals for the past 7 months, however, my bad habits have been urging me to "go back". But then again, it's about knowing what's unhealthy, if science sais a varied diet with bread, wheat, or dairy, grains and deserts or Macdonald's is okay every once in a while, that's only a perspective.

You know in many instances those foods in and of itself are not bad. But the problem comes in when it is mass produced and processed. Corporates have profit in mind, not your health so the cows raised in feeding lots etc. have excessive hormones and anti-biotics and all sorts of other stuff in it that facilitate mass production. That makes it bad. If you could get hold of actual, real and natural meat then it would probably be just fine to eat it. But good luck finding that.