Afonso

Consciousness Distortion While Falling Asleep? Help!

2 posts in this topic

After ~10 months of meditating regularly, I experience consciousness distortion when falling asleep after meditating late at night.

This is what happens:

1. I meditate late at night (11 PM ~ 4 AM)
  2. I then lay in my bed and try to fall asleep
  3. After a couple of minutes, I notice my body shaking a lot, my visual field distorting and my sense of self distorting. It feels like I'm being teared apart.

Before I get to that last point, I don't remember much of how I got there. It's like I was semi-unconscious (in a state prior to falling asleep but not really woken up) and then all of the sudden I got conscious of this phenomena.

This has already happened like 5 times. Today it happened again and I decided to share with you guys.

Then, my intuition says that I somehow have to go through it, that it's really valuable and interesting. However, I get intense fear and I somehow get myself to a normal state of consciousness. When the phenomena is over, I notice that all that shaking and body movement and visual phenomena that I experienced, hadn't really happened at all. My body was exactly where it was when I went to bed in the first place. Pretty fucked up!

Ok, that's part 1! Part 2...

Also regularly, I experience a similar phenomena when waking up. There's no shaking, but there's still messed up consciousness effects.

Sometimes, when I "wake up" (I don't really know if I wake up), this is what happens:

1. I notice that I sort of "woke up". My visual field is online and I can feel the movement of my body. However, I can't actually move, just feel the movement of my body. Haha what the fuck. Wave your hand and feel how that feels. Now imagine that you felt the same way, except your hand didn't actually move.
  2. I am aware of my surroundings and sometimes I see strange things like an outline of a human body or myself in the reflection of the TV moving myself hysterically.
  3. I am in a state similar to being chained to a bed and not being able to move, yet aware of it. I feel that I'm still half-asleep.
  4. I then blink my eyes multiple times and try to move my body till I snap out of that state.
  5. When I actually wake up, I realize that I haven't moved at all. My body is the same position as it was when I fell asleep.

What is going on?

Sounds like sleep paralysis

Google it up. And also astral projection, i've read there are some good techniques to get into an astral projection from the state of sleep paralysis