Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Noah

Affirmations - How To?

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm Noah.

Ok let's get straight to the point; I have been trying to do affirmations every night, as it's been shown to help in terms of personal development. But I am a bit confused on how to actually make these work. For example, in Leo's video about affirmations, he talks about repeating only one for 5 straight minutes, however when I do other research, some people have a list of 10 that they repeat daily.  Which is correct? Should I only have one and repeat that over and over for 5 minutes or should I have a few that I spend 5 minutes on each? Or repeat a set of 10 a few times? I don't know which is the right approach/which one actually has an effect on the subconscious. I'm setting aside roughly 5-10 minutes each night for this. Would really appreciate any insight on this subject! 

If your goal is to repeat a number of affirmations everyday, a big part of your affirmation is to seek and not get results.

Use an affirmation whenever it occurs for you to do it.

Example: if I were a smoker, and whenever I get the thought/urge to have a smoke, I say my affirmation, such as "Smoke! I don't even smoke, why would I want to smoke!" Affirmations work best in the NOW. That is why the above affirmation does not refer to me as a smoker, but a person who does not smoke.

Training your subconscious is like training a dog implying that repetition is more important than variety. My advice for you is that you do one affirmation for 5-10 minutes a day and do that for 60-90 days straight. 

So if you want to be a millionaire for instance, you can say: "I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire for 5 minutes per day 60-90 days straight to really cement the idea in your subconscious. Notice that the important part is consistency. You gotta discipline yourself here.