WaterfallMachine

What Are Some Other Paradigms Other Than What Leo Has Mentioned?

2 posts in this topic

I want to look into my options. Anyone care to share?

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Your paradigm.  The only one that truly matters.  It's a bit counter-intuitive.  All truth is internal not external, personal not impersonal.  Physics, or any conceptual body of knowledge for that matter, only matters to the extent that it matters to you.  To the extent that you can take those insights and weave them into your ever-evolving worldview, that's what matters.  Much of what we learn dies away.  It's what we keep that is important.  And that always comes back to your paradigm.  That toolkit of concepts, heuristics, and expectations that you carry around with you and actually work with on a daily basis.  What's in there?  How can you improve it?  How can exposure to Leo's ideas help you to improve that toolkit?  Conversely, how can that bum on the street that tried to hustle money off you help you improve that toolkit?  See, it's all you optimizing your knowledge grab-bag, your toolkit.  It's all about your paradigm and taking responsibility for improving it, for honing it.  It's all about what does this information do for you that is the relevant issue.  Always.  And then when you get a broad paradigm built, you might be so abundant that you condescend to advise others, because you've likely made every mistake in the book by that point and want to reduce suffering of others.  This is, in part, what makes person want to be a philosopher or teacher or guru or whatever you want to call it.  Mastery of that knowledge grab-bag and seeing that worldview for what it is.  Nice!  I got away with using a sentence fragment there. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor