Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Afonso

I'm A Software Engineer Disgusted By Technology

2 posts in this topic

It disgusts me to see how much today's technology is pure trash without any sort of value. All these games and ads and features/widgets in social media apps, the reactions and feeds and all this crap, how will the next generation's life quality be like?

Today I saw a kid with a big iPad, not interacting with his mom whatskever. Some months ago I saw a family of 4 sitting on a coffee table each one on their own phones.

What's the world evolving into? This is scary. As a software engineer, it makes me doubt my life purpose. How long will I take before I reach a point where I can no longer develop interesting software because the market is drowned with all this shit?

@Afonso i remember back in the days when people talked about some prophecy which said that there would be digital gadgets that would go under the human skin and would contain data about us. like a tool for mass control. maybe that prophecy has already come true except for the fact that the gadget does not go under our skins but under our mind and fears?

there's certainly a healthy way of dealing with technology. that's what we're trying to do here, for instance.

what would be a healthy way of dealing with smart phones and such? it's your responsibility, as a software engineer, to answer questions like this.

there are several people who are already trying to become free of the attachment to their cellphones. what do you have to say to them? what kind of app do you want to engineer to help mankind? what do apps like tinder, instagram and whatsapp contain that have been draining people's lives?

unborn Truth