Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annica

Flashbacks From My Kneecap Sliding Out

3 posts in this topic

Hey everybody!

Since I have begun to observe my thoughts consistently I have stumbled upon a lot of interesting and sometimes shocking things. In the last weeks or so, I vividly imagined my kneecap slide out just as or sometimes even worse than it already happened to me in the real world.

It gets me in all kinds of situaltions, sitting in the train, meditating, on the toilet, reading...

I tried to just observe it but it usually comes and goes too quickly. I did manage to observe my physical reaction to it though which lasted on longer than the thought.

What other techniques are there to cope with these flashbacks? What would you recommend?

@Annica Does the thought bother you? If so try to not judge it as good or bad as well as simply accept it, counterintuitively removing these judgements and accepting it makes it happen less. Of coarse mindfulness is important in removing such judgments and practicing acceptance, as well as separating yourself from the thoughts.

For me in do nothing meditation my mind started bringing a lot of disgusting images in the beginning. I got used to them and saw nobody is actually getting hurt in them.