Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alyra

Something To Center You To Consistency?

2 posts in this topic

hello friends, 

is there something that halps consistently center you to a regular morning? 

I don't want to hear your whole routine lol, or some abstract answer like "meditation" lol. I'm wondering - is there some action, or some goal, etc, which is the pivitol factor to your morning routine? for exmaple, maybe opening the shades or coffee is what gets you started. or maybe, it is imagining yourself all buff, or remembering your life purpose, which motivates you to do your routine. or maybe it isn't any of these - maybe there's a lot of tricks you keep in mind, or maybe there's no real trick to it at all? please, feel free to say whatever it is that really gets you centered to have a consistent morning. 

I listen to positive affirmation youtube videos in the morning, it really sets the tone for how my whole day will go. I also get up early and stretch for 20 min and meditate for 20 min, although the routine hasnt stuck completely yet. When i get up and dont rush, I get to work early and am calm, cool and collected. The positive affirmations remind me that every day is an opportunity to continue along the path of growth and every problem is an opportunity for growth. It reminds me to love and forgive and welcome change and be selfless. It basically gets me in line with all my principles before the day starts, so i dont have to hurriedly try to get myself in line as i go along with my day. So to summarize:

Get up early (an hour before I would get up to do the bare minimum before work ie shower get dressed and go)

stretch and meditate (or do yoga, I believe i need an instructor before doing yoga so i just stretch... 20 min each)

maybe some light exercise to get your blood pumping

And last but def not least positive affirmations! I listen to youtube videos at the moment but would like to work on my own specific ones to commit to memory and recite whenever i'd like

Best of luck with everything!

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview