Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mattstivender

Driving People Out Of Neurosis.

4 posts in this topic

I decided I wanted to start a business. I noticed that a lot of my focus and some of my patience came from a lot of racing in video games when I was younger. Sounds quite weird but it manifested into real racing and taught me quite a bit in those areas. Not to mention some good motor skills.

So naturally I am compelled to create the same experience but with real focus (no pun intended). Since other people did not get that benefit from the same games as I did I will make a program they can really benefit from. Also being able to exercise.

My product being a pedal car with a full body made of expensive material such as carbon fiber making it light. Equipped with enough stuff to drive on tarmac in any weather. (full differential and such) So it will be fun to drive.

I'm hitting a big road block since I am slowly getting kicked out of the work space that I have now and will soon have to move the build to a storage unit. Afterward I won't be able to build on it till I secure a house with a garage to work out of. I'm not entirely curtain that this design will be good enough for bike rental locations as they will be my first customer before I make a larger undertaking of convincing go kart locations to accommodate my vision of racing pedal cars on a track along with attracting customers to take on a commitment of improving themselves physically and mentally. Soooooo I will have to make adjustments.

Getting a new job so that I can have a place to work on the project will make things difficult since it will be full time and I won't have the flexibility to work on building the car, selling, traveling to expos, and other great things that business startup need to do.

I really just want to hear some comments on what I could be doing better or any resources anyone would be willing to share with me. Also I live in the Chicago land area, yorkville specifically if that helps.

Thanks for reading.

Before you start on this project spend a good amount of time doing a marketing research on your idea. Find out if your idea is what people want. Ask all sorts of people in the area you wish to start your business in. If you are not familiar with this approach to testing the needs of the people, read up about it. You will need to anyway because all good businesses spend a good deal of money and research into marketing - it's  a big part of their annual budget.

@Visitor Hey thanks for the comment. Unfortunately I have tried to talk to people about this idea but I find that people have no idea what I'm talking about. So I decided to make it so that I can use it as some kind of leverage.

The inspiration came from an event I went to at my old job. There they had a racing simulator on display. The guys told me that "it is an experience sell". I immediately knew that my pedal car would be the same.

I shall be done building soonish. So I will be able to take the feedback and go from there.