Cammy

Death - The Incomprehensible Eventuality.

5 posts in this topic

We are born alone, we live alone, we die alone.

As a person, who's highest held beliefs are in loyalty and family is faced with this, it is heartbreaking to hear. More than heartbreaking, world shattering. I lose sense of everything I hold dear. You could say it's contradictory but solitude is commonplace for me. I endure it the majority of the time and enjoy it. I understand everyone has their lives to live. However, this solitude that I experience daily is nothing compared to the solitude that makes my heart sink when I know that I will experience death alone without my family and friends. To think that I will one day live in a world where my family and friends have passed away and I will never be with them again is the most incomprehensible, incommunicable experience that is. 

I constantly see people who are on their journeys of self actualisation as expressing death as the ultimate liberation meaning the end of suffering, unlimited freedom, unlimited choices, and eternal bliss.

This brings me no comfort to hear this.

Maybe I simply do not truly comprehend this definition. However, I would like to ask: 

Will the journey to self actualisation, as soul destroying it is to say, allow me to accept the eventuality of being without everyone and everything that I believe makes up my reality. 

I would love to hear all of your thoughts, opinions and experiences surrounding this 'topic'. In the end, probably to give me peace of mind and feed my ego.

@Cammy You already are without everyone. You just aren't conscious of it. Not only is there not Other, there is no Self. So there's nothing to worry about.

But you need to REALLY experience this, not just think about it or believe it. All your beliefs are NOT growth. They are obstacles to growth.

When you finally realize that reality is nondual and no sentient entities actually exist, including yourself, you will be very much relieved and overjoyed beyond imagination. Your true nature is far bigger and cooler than if you were in an orgy with all 7 billion people on this planet. You will experience more love all alone than 7 billion people could give you if they all married you. WAAAAAY, WAAAAAY more love! So much love, you could not imagine it in your wildest dreams. So much love it will physically pain your body, sending you into convulsions, and horrifying your mind with its sheer immensity.

Muster the courage to actually work toward the Truth. Trusting that it will give you everything you've ever desired, and a billion times more. So much more, you will be knocked on the floor, weeping tears of joy and gratitude.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thank you very much for taking the time to reply with such a detailed description Leo. I appreciate it! I understand I need to experience this for myself. No one can validate it for me. 

@jimrich I am sorry to hear about this Jim but at the same time thank you for sharing. I am realising the reason for self actualisation bit by bit.

On 10/07/2017 at 1:15 AM, Cammy said:

I constantly see people who are on their journeys of self actualisation as expressing death as the ultimate liberation meaning the end of suffering, unlimited freedom, unlimited choices, and eternal bliss.

As it stands sentient life is suffering. We want a lot all the time, then we get it and it feels nice and it all gets better for a bit but we get bored :) funny creatures you would say but it makes us active hence this is what evolution favored.

If there is some non-physical afterlife it would be pretty cool but if not... well I haven't heard about anyone who's asleep and missing being awake or I don't remember missing being conscious before I was born.

In any case, life is short and is for everyone to enjoy as much as we can. Whether it is through hedonism or building something or connecting to being via seeking Truth is a different discussion altogether.