PetarKa

Emotions And Things You Believe In Should Be The Ultimate Purpose Of Everything

4 posts in this topic

I've had an insight and I want to see what you guys think about it:

There is no greater reason for doing something than the emotional reward you'll get from it (e.g. happiness, joy, bliss, strength, passion, etc.) or because you believe so strongly in what you are doing (when someone believes in trust, kindness, honor, beauty, etc.).

Does it resonate with you guys? Please share your thoughts as this is a most interesting topic to ponder and discuss.

Some other related questions:

• Is there another reason for doing something?
  • Do you need a reason for doing something?
  • Can you want something and take practical action-steps towards it without knowing that you want it (unconsciously)?
  • What other models about the WHY of life do you find accurate and practical?

@PetarKa

reason is beauty, searching, noticing  and able to observe, being involved and receive enjoyment from beauty.
reward is strong powerful emotions and state of mind which is perceiving life.
art and science is best example.
what gives me reason(emotion,power,energy) to do things is truly appreciate the aesthetics of the creation.
for example: from being with people you love, to listening wagner's symphonies.
and most importantly refining ones consciousness(actualizing self) to be able to do all of this.

@PetarKa No.  There is a voice you can hear if you are listening.  Watch Leo's video "How to harness your intuition".  The Tao speaks in a still, small voice.  This is the voice of God -- your intuition.  Now I realize that religious people have confused intuition with concepts and ideologies.  But I digress.

Edited by Joseph Maynor