Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Revolutionary Think

Tribalism, Hive Mind, And Being Impulsive. The Low Conscious Abyss.

4 posts in this topic

It's been about a week since my uncle passed away. It's true that he was a kind, friendly and generous person and I'll miss him. The thing is though there's no denying the fact that he was smoking way more than he should've been (preferably people shouldn't even smoke at all). He also liked alcohol but, he wouldn't exactly get drunk. There is a link between smoking, alcohol and cancer. 

Anyway in the few days that have passed we went to his "site" where he was being buried and at one moment people were "celebrating" his life by all having a "drink" not only that some people were even smoking there themselves and have continued to smoke after this happened. I kept thinking to myself exactly just how ignorant do they have to be by not taking the time to introspect on how unhealthy these habits actually are. Not only that but, increasingly the majority of people never ask themselves questions or introspect on their lives until it's too late. We are all going to Temple and reciting a whole bunch of prayers but, the majority of people will never think to themselves why am I just blindly coming here and doing these things? They just do it because they're used to it and that's what they were always doing. Tribalism in itself is a disease. Elders aren't that smart if you ask me. All the older people in my family are around the people that they are around because they come from the same culture/religion/family background. Never do they ask themselves maybe there is more to the world than just the people I'm used to being around or the things that I am doing right now. Tribalism and hive mind go hand in hand. People do things because their parents did it, their friends and family are doing it, and they're so used to it because they did it for such a long time. I on the other hand will never squander my life with tribalism and hive mind I will always question things till the very end and also take a moment for introspection. The other thing that sucks in our world are impulsive people. This is why our world is in the crappy situation that it's in. People instead of taking the time to really analyse things and taking proper action after that almost NEVER do even when you make it clear to them all they do is get angry at you. 

Look no further than online when you are looking for these ignorant impulsive people. They hear or read one thing and jump to conclusions in a drop of hat. Look at our Politics. I really don't understand how people can be so ignorant. I on the other hand am sick and tired of sometimes trying to make people aware of this and them not listening. While I was sitting there at the graveyard thinking to myself why these people were celebrating the same substances and doing the same habits that gave my uncle an early death I couldn't help but, think to myself no matter how old they were they were still children. I think that older people are under the illusion that they know so much more than a 5 or 6 year old but, in reality they are that same 5 or 6 year old. Stubbornness is a trait that amplifies people's link to tribalism, hive mind, and being impulsive. The worst of the worst is when these people breed and they have children or family members who go against this low consciousness stuff but, they try to suck them into the low consciousness abyss by getting frustrated why their children/family members/friends aren't more like them. I'm just wondering if anyone can relate to this. I think the best idea for me is to make friend who GET THIS. Together we can find the secrets and mysteries to life instead of living like impulsive and tribalist dummies who ruin the world with our stubbornness and refusal to self retrospect. 

@Revolutionary Think Yes I can definitely relate to it. I too come from a strict traditional religious family and I'm a freespirit and I don't like to be under a constant feeling of constraint. 

It's the stubbornness and generation gap that's a huge problem and for evey little thing I need to sit hours to convince them. There's just too much pressure to conform. 

I think the problem goes beyond impulsivity. Its also aggression on the internet that is escalating at a massive rate. Just potential aggressors everywhere you see. You want to say something. They take it out of context and cause unnecessary provocation. I call them aggressors. They aggravate and escalate every situation instead of logically solving the problem. 

What you call tribalism is what I call vertical peer pressure. It's like peer pressure which is kind of passed from top to bottom. 

A lot of elders don't think logically about the situation, because they are subconsciously trained to believe that life is static and  you can see they're more interested in fulfilling lower needs vs higher needs. This is a big problem I face in my family. I try to convince them that I have higher needs of spirituality,consciousness and actualization but they get angry because for them, survival is the highest goal so they don't understand my needs. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly