Anton

Conditional And Unconditional Happiness

5 posts in this topic

I've always wondered this, if you are i touch with, and is very aligned with unconditional happiness, will your happiness increase when attaining new material and external things? I could refrase this as: if you are in touch with, and is very aligned with unconditional happiness does your base happiness level increase to lets say were the peaks of  where the condtional happiness are, and therefore the peaks (eg. buying a new car or w/e) when you are aligned with unconditional happiness go even higher.

I dont know if my diagram makes sense but I guess ill just put in there.

Happiness.png

It won't allow me to post the video here for some reason. But Shinzen Young has a video regarding the experience of pleasure and discomfort relative to suffering/purification and frustration/fulfillment. It's titled "Purifications and Fulfillment: Four Formulas - Shinzen Young". You can look it up on Youtube.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

3 hours ago, Anton said:

I've always wondered this, if you are i touch with, and is very aligned with unconditional happiness, will your happiness increase when attaining new material and external things?...

Unconditional means there is no condition which influences, not even a new car. This is because the happiness (or love) solely comes from within you.

@Visitor If what you are saying is true does that mean that you wont experience any peaks in happiness greater than the unconditional happiness baseline (aka the green line in my graph)?

36 minutes ago, Anton said:

@Visitor If what you are saying is true does that mean that you wont experience any peaks in happiness greater than the unconditional happiness baseline (aka the green line in my graph)?

I don't know because I am too happy to care.