Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moreira

I'm Unable To Enjoy My Free Time Because My Job

2 posts in this topic

I work in an afternoon-night shift, from 19 to 1 midnight.

I dont like making plans with somebody after lunch because I'm worried that the job time is close. It's like an anxiety. I'd like to go to the beach, meet some friend, meet girls... but thinking that later I must go to work makes me super anxious.

When I worked in the morning I didnt have this problem, I had the rest of the day for me.

When I have a plan with somebody, going for a walk, shopping, gym, I cannot enjoy the moment because in my mind there's always the background worry of: job time is aproaching, hurry up better not be late. I'm pending of the clock instead of the now. My social life is poor because of that.

I practise meditation but not everyday, should I reinforce the prtactise to avoid these negative thoughts? Which technique is better for my issue?

Yes you should make a habit of it everyday for at least 20 mins. A day Leo reccomends.

i would suggest more if you're up for it and you want results fast.

thats what I'm doing with general/social anxiety.

only done it for a week or so but can see that I'm NOT my thoughts now. I still struggle pretty much the same but something's changing I feel it ☺️

Put in the work it's worth it