Zane

Spiritual Experiences

3 posts in this topic

I'm beginning to learn about spirituality but I have a growing interest with spiritual experiences. Flow states, peak experiences, divine inspiration, lucid dreams, Shamanic visions, trance states, bliss and ecstacy, Tantra, the Tao, having numinous emotions, self-discovery and self-realization is deeply fascinating to me. It feels like I'm tasting and catching brief glimpses of these experiences but I want to deepen these experiences and deeply ground them in my life. For example, sometimes, while meditating, I feel deeply relaxed and undisturbed. When writing, I can go into a flow state and words pour from me. While cuddling, I felt a deep sense of union and this deep bliss. Holding a girl's hand felt so warm and in that moment, the moment was magic. I want to craft a strategy and go on my own journey to practically apply spiritual experiences in my own life but without relying on religion or scriptures. I feel like i'm reclaiming something deeply emotional! Like i'm fulfilling a deep longing! I feel like my journey will focus on a middle path without going too hardcore with mortifcation of the flesh, or torturing myself, a vow of poverty, or starving myself. I want to achieve these experiences because they fascinate me and so I can experience such profound and staggering emotions or experiences. I feel like I deeply desire authenticity! 

Go for it :)

enlightened no one

www.enlightenmentmyth.com

15 hours ago, Zane said:

I want to achieve these experiences because they fascinate me and so I can experience such profound and staggering emotions or experiences

Why do you want experiences? Do you think they will make you happy? There's nothing wrong with going after experiences but all experiences are temporary in nature and any happiness you'll apparently get from objects (including but not limited to experiences)  will be temporary. As long as you're identified with the limited body/mind you'll never have lasting happiness. If you're not convinced yet then keep doing what you are doing, Samsara is the best teacher. 

[insert quote here]