Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Russell

Help! Please Read!

3 posts in this topic

I told my mother I'm suffering from depression, insomnia, and suicidal thoughts, and she told me that those thoughts are from the devil himself and I am under spiritual attack. She says that there is a Spirit of Depression that is working for Satan that is causing my plight and I have to turn myself over to Jesus Christ if I want to be saved. 

I do believe in spirits as I am a theistic occultist, but I don't believe I am under spiritual attack because I am dedicated to a certain benevolent entity and I have a guardian. We were being pestered by poltergeists last summer when i was doing certain darker occult practices in which my family actually physically witnessed shadow people in and around our home...thats why shes so adament about the ghosts. That's besides the point. I only mention that because thats my take on the spiritual argument she brought up, if you dont believe in spirtuality im not proselytizing my views i promise! 

My problem is purely psychological as I'm going through a big change in my life right now. How can I convince my mom that there are no ghosts involved in causing my depression? I live with her I am 19 and can't afford therapy on my own (I just recently got clean from an IV heroin/cocaine addiction that left me homeless). She wants me to go to church and turn to Jesus, I want to work with mental health professionals who actually know what they're doing...

11 minutes ago, Russell said:

How can I convince my mom that there are no ghosts involved in causing my depression

Don't try to convince her, just speak into her reality which she can grasp: tell her Jesus is already always with you and her, even if you don't go to church; and because of her prayers and beautiful heart, you'll be always protected. It'll calm her motherly heart, and her ease will help you out.

I already told her 

"You do understand that the year is 2017, not 1325 right? People don't blame medical issues on ghosts and the devil anymore, we have SOPHISTICATED ways of treating ailments now that we know more about how the brain body and mind works..You're absolutely insane for telling me there are ghosts causing my depression I really can't believe you said that"

Now I'm just more depressed for making her feel bad